Popular Posts

Sunday 25 December 2011

Kab ride so good with Harry

The powerful Frenchman has been a revelation at the heart of Harry Redknapp's defence, making more headed clearances than almost any other Premier League player this season.


It is a far cry from his first spell with the club, when he struggled to adapt to English football and was shown the door by Juande Ramos.


And Kaboul insists the credit for his fine form is all down to the backing of Redknapp.


He said: "It makes all the difference when you know the boss has faith in you and Harry has shown he believes in me by signing me twice.


"He was the man who took me to Portsmouth when things were not going so well for me at Tottenham and then he brought me back to White Hart Lane because he knew what I could do for his team.


"It was difficult when Damien Comolli brought me to England from Auxerre.


"I had some good games early on but within three months Martin Jol had been sacked and as soon as Juande Ramos took over there was no chance for me at Spurs.


"When any player comes to England he needs time to understand the life and the game here. But I was never given that time and some people didn't understand that.


"I was still trying to do my best for Tottenham and there was never a time when I thought I was not good enough to play in the Premier League.


"I'm not the sort of person who ever gives up. I know who I am and the player I am.


"But when Harry offered to sign me for Portsmouth, I decided to take the chance.


"I just felt he was a manager who trusted me and would give me the opportunity to establish myself in England. Portsmouth were not as big a club as Tottenham but I never regretted the move.


"I had the most fabulous time there despite all the problems the club had at the time.


"As soon as I arrived at Fratton Park they all showed they believed in me ? the fans, players and manager. That's why I did very well there.


"So when I came back to Spurs I was a completely different player and the fans at White Hart Lane could finally understand what I could bring to their team."


Kaboul has been ever-present in Tottenham's 11-match unbeaten league run which has taken them up to third in the table.


And he is looking to keep them snapping at the heels of leaders Manchester City with another three points at Stoke tomorrow.


Kaboul admitted: "The target at the start of the season was probably to finish in the top four ? but now I think we're looking to go further than that.


"Last season was hard for us because we were playing in the Champions League and maybe we didn't have enough experience to keep a high level of performance in the two top competitions.


"But the Champions League was unbelievable.


"To play against some of the biggest teams in Europe was the most beautiful thing.


"It's wonderful when you are going to the San Siro or Madrid and that's why we really want to get back into that competition for next season.


"When I came back to White Hart Lane two years ago I could see that Harry was trying to build something special and I wanted to be a part of that.


"Every day in training is a good day for me. Every game I play for the team is a pleasure to see the fans enjoying themselves so much.


"This year I'm feeling very good. And I hope I can carry on like this for many more years with Spurs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...